Sunday, November 16, 2008

How I made my bird nest soup RED?

A little twist to my red bird nest story here....

My elder sister is recovering from some radio-therapy treatment on some tumor growth near her eye. She has been responding well to the treatment fortunately.

I prepared her a bird nest soup when I visited her last weekend. Honestly I don't know how it helps or even if it helps in her recovery process. The fact she enjoyed it was good enough for me.

We have been taught since young that Gogi seeds contain compounds beneficial to our eye sight. Mum would have them in herbal soups once in a while. No harm adding it to the bird nest soup and steam double boiled together!

Goji plant & dried seeds.



















You will know without guess work... my bird nest soup did turned reddish!

Actually this is not the first time I tried this concoction. I had it for personal consumption several times before.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Tried bird's nest soup last year from like www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm . Tastes really good... yeah, I thought it was gross at first, but wow, you won't regret it.